Email marketers know that to really have success in email, you have to optimize, optimize, optimize. That means experimenting with subject lines, format, time of send, and more. Of course, to test effectively, you have to split up your audience – which means that half of them receive less compelling creative. When Email A outperforms Email B by 50%, that can be a big problem.
With contextual marketing technology, it’s possible to overcome that challenge. Real-time A/B testing allows marketers to test two different sets of creative (or multiple sets of creative with multiple different elements) and then, when one set of creative outperforms another, to automatically switch out the losing creative with the winner.
This ensures that everyone on your email list gets the best possible experience and maximizes your email marketing ROI.
Want to learn more? Watch this video from our product marketing strategist, Steven Joya, about how to use Movable Ink’s platform to set up a real-time A/B test for your email campaign:
Spring is finally here, and with it comes a brand new edition of The Inkredible Five, featuring some of the most inspiring examples of agile email marketing yet!
- 7 For All Mankind’s gorgeous and immersive “Dreaming in Blue” campaign
- The Wall Street Journal’s magic email that always displayed the latest news
- Lilly Pulitzer’s “Lunch at Lilly” campaign that made purchasing online or over the phone easier than ever
Get your copy today to see how these top brands and others combined their ingenuity with Movable Ink’s technology to create memorable and engaging email experiences that stood out in the inbox.
Ready to be inspired?
Vince PeGan, self-proclaimed “email magician” and senior account manager at Movable Ink, works with dozens of leading brands to develop and execute agile email marketing programs that cut through the clutter and stand out in the inbox. One increasingly used technique is leveraging embedded video in email to breath life into the inbox. Below are Vince’s top 4 tips for making the most out of video in email campaigns.
1. Have a Clear CTA. “Include a clear CTA so subscribers have an action to take besides viewing the video.”
2. Use a “View Online” Link. “Including a link to an online version of the video so those not receiving the full video experience have a way to engage.”
3. Consider a Teaser Video. “Use a teaser version of the video to entice subscribers to click through to view full video on the web so your click through rates aren’t cannibalized.”
4. Use a Secondary CTA. “Engage subscribers with a supporting CTA that gives further context to the video and allows them to engage online.”
Interested in learning more about video-in-email? Download our fact sheet, or give us a shout at email@example.com.
Each season, the Movable Ink team honors five innovative brands for creating agile email marketing campaigns that stood out in the inbox.
The Winter 2014 edition of The Inkredible Five highlights our five favorite emails of the past season that incorporate time-sensitive offers, real-time social media feeds, live geo-targeting, video, and image personalization to create eye-catching and relevant campaigns.
Find out how leading brands cut through the clutter during major holiday shopping events including Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the final days before Christmas.
Ready to be inspired? Download the e-book.
While visiting San Francisco for Salesforce’s Dreamforce conference last week, our Co-Founder and CEO, Vivek Sharma, had the chance to sit down with Bloomberg West to discuss Movable Ink’s role in propelling the next generation of email marketing. View the full video of Vivek’s interview with Jon Erlichman, Sr. West Coast Correspondent for Bloomberg TV, above, and read on for highlights.
In the interview, Vivek describes how email marketing has slowly evolved over time and traditionally has failed to keep pace with the hyper-relevant and real-time nature of the web. This is no longer the case, as the email marketing industry is rapidly moving toward actuality-based marketing, or what we at Movable Ink describe as “agile email marketing“. Today, over 110 Fortune 1000 brands use Movable Ink to create highly innovative agile email marketing campaigns.
Agile email marketing enables marketers to personalize an email’s content at the precise moment when a subscriber opens the message. Email is now able to sense and respond to where a recipient is, what device is being used, and even the weather outside. Beyond delivering powerfully relevant content, agile email marketers also optimize emails on-the-fly and let the audience decide what offers and content are working more effectively while the campaign is still running.
If you’re interested in learning how Movable Ink could benefit your email marketing program, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request a demo.
The 2013 holiday season is just around the corner. This season, Movable Ink is giving you the gift of email marketing inspiration. Download the 2013 Holiday Email Marketing Inspiration Guide to check out six creative ways that Agile Email Marketing technology can be used to create engaging, memorable, and profitable email experiences. You’ll see how you can:
- Drive in-store sales by showing a local map of nearby store locations and open hours.
- Unveil a new product using video and an animated countdown clock.
- Offer enhanced customer service by including a “click to call” button in mobile email.
- … and more!
Make 2013 your most successful holiday season yet— download the free guide to learn how.
Questions on these examples? Give us a shout at email@example.com
If you’re looking for even more holiday email marketing inspiration, be sure to check out this post by Lalit Chopra, our Director of Strategic Partnerships, on Silverpop’s blog: “Guest Expert: Movable Ink’s Lalit Chopra on Creative Ways to Boost Holiday Sales with Agile Email Marketing.”
Top three best practices for video-in-email from the webinar speakers.
Last week, Movable Ink teamed up with Invodo and Silverpop to host a one-hour webinar on “Bringing Email to Life with Video.” Missed it? Check out the recording of the webinar here.
Below are the top three best practices from the webinar that our VP of Marketing, Jordan Cohen, shared on how to successfully execute video in your email marketing campaigns:
- Be timely, relevant, and creative
- Give each user the best possible viewing experience: full video, animated gif, or video still
- Get agile: optimize video emails on-the-fly based on time, location, and device
For even more tips, check out the one-page PDF of best practices from the webinar.
Interested in learning more about how Movable Ink makes video-in-email possible? Download the video-in-email fact sheet, or reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A recent report by veteran email marketing industry analyst David Daniels of The Relevancy Group, “Embedded Video in Email: Exploring its Viability as a Marketing Tactic,” offers a comprehensive look at using embedded video in email, and what marketers can expect from incorporating video in their email campaign strategy.
The Relevancy Group has found that 55% of marketers who use video in email report higher click-through rates than those who do not use embedded video in their email messages.
Additional benefits of using video in email, as shown by the data in this report, include:
- Increased duration of time that subscribers spend reading the email
- More sharing and forwarding of the email message
- Higher conversion rates
- Increased average sales size of orders
Download the report here to learn more.
Ready to get started with video-in-email?
Join Movable Ink, Silverpop, and Invodo on Wednesday, August 28 at 1:00 EDT for a one-hour webinar on “Bringing Email to Life with Video.” Get examples, technical steps, and tips for incorporating video into your agile email campaigns. Register for the webinar here.
For more information on how Movable Ink optimizes the video-in-email experience, download our video-in-email one-pager today.
Join Movable Ink, Silverpop, and Invodo on Wednesday, August 28 at 1:00 EDT for a webinar on “Bringing Email to Life with Video.” This hour-long webinar will offer attendees an overview of why video is a highly valuable tool for creating engaging e-commerce campaigns, and what practical steps you can take to start incorporating video in your email marketing plans.
For more information and to register, please visit the registration page. We look forward to having you join us on August 28!
Can’t wait until August 28 to find out more? Download our video-in-email one-pager today.
TV Land created this highly-engaging email to promote the season premiere of “Hot in Cleveland,” a sitcom starring Betty White, using Movable Ink’s agile email marketing platform. Here are 5 reasons why we love this email:
- Live show using live content. The first episode of the new season of “Hot in Cleveland” was aired live. By creating an email using live content, TV Land successfully added to the real-time nature of the season premiere.
- Streaming countdown clock showed the days, hours, minutes, and seconds left until the show started.
- Deep link to Twitter app on mobile allowed fans to wish the cast well before the live show with a pre-populated tweet.
- Live stream of latest tweets showed the real-time social chatter that included the #HOTLive hashtag.
- Embedded video of the “Hot in Cleveland” cast played directly within the inbox, with no need to launch an external media player or web browser.
For more examples of engaging emails, check out other Emails We Love. Questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com.