TV Land created this highly-engaging email to promote the season premiere of “Hot in Cleveland,” a sitcom starring Betty White, using Movable Ink’s agile email marketing platform. Here are 5 reasons why we love this email:
- Live show using live content. The first episode of the new season of “Hot in Cleveland” was aired live. By creating an email using live content, TV Land successfully added to the real-time nature of the season premiere.
- Streaming countdown clock showed the days, hours, minutes, and seconds left until the show started.
- Deep link to Twitter app on mobile allowed fans to wish the cast well before the live show with a pre-populated tweet.
- Live stream of latest tweets showed the real-time social chatter that included the #HOTLive hashtag.
- Embedded video of the “Hot in Cleveland” cast played directly within the inbox, with no need to launch an external media player or web browser.